Vælg dit land
Overview of eSignature Legality in Brazil
Brazil has legally recognized eSignatures since 2001 with Medida provisoria 2.200-2.
Electronic Signature Law
The Medida provisoria 2.200-2 addresses the guidelines for eSignatures that must be met for a signature to be valid. In certain cases, additional information is required in court to prove the validity of an electronically signed document.
Are eSignatures legal, admissible, and enforceable?
Summary of Law
Brazil has a tiered system for electronic signatures and specific standards are put in place for what type of electronic signature is required. A contract is generally valid when the parties reach an agreement that is expressed verbally, in writing, by electronic means, or by any other technology, or by unambiguous signs.
In some stances when the digital signatures are required, they need to meet the following criteria to be equivalent to handwritten signatures.
- The signature creation data is, within the context in which they are used, linked exclusively to the signatory
- The signature creation data is, at the time of signing, under the exclusive control of the signatory and of no other person
- Any alteration to the electronic signature, made after the time of signing, is detectable
- Any alteration made to the information (to which e-signature relates) after the time of signing is detectable
- Document is certified by Brazil’s government-recognized public key infrastructure (PKI).
The tiered eSignature legal model in Brazil allows companies to select the type of eSignatures to use while conducting their business.
eSignatures are not recommended for:
- Documents requiring notarization
- Real estate transactions
- Marriage licenses
Ansvarsfraskrivelse: Disse oplysninger er kun beregnet til generelle informationsformål. Det er beregnet til at hjælpe virksomheder med at forstå de retlige rammer, der bruges til eSignature-legalitet. Dette er ikke beregnet til at være juridisk rådgivning og bør ikke erstatte professionel juridisk rådgivning. Kontakt en autoriseret advokat for juridisk rådgivning eller repræsentation.