Choisir votre pays
Overview of eSignature Legality in Thailand
Thailand has legally recognized eSignatures since 2001 with The Electronic Transactions Act (ETA.) This act was created due to the growing use of technology in businesses and government entities.
Electronic Signature Law
The Electronic Transactions Act sets guidelines to exemplify the credibility and validity of eSignatures.
Les signatures électroniques sont-elles légales, recevables et exécutoires ?
Summary of Law
Thailand has a tiered eSignature legal model and recognizes digital signatures as a distinct type of eSignature.
eSignatures in Thailand are broadly defined as “letter, character, number, sound or any other symbol created in electronic form and affixed to a data message in order to establish the association between a person and a data message for the purpose of identifying the signatory who involves in such data message and showing that the signatory approves the information contained in such data message.”
According to the ETA, The following guidelines must be met for an eSignature to be valid:
- The signature is identifiable and linked to the signatory
- Information used for the signed document can only be controlled by signatory
- Any alterations to the signed document can be detected
The signatory also has the responsibility to keep the signed document within their control and prevent any unauthorized use, damage, or alterations.
In some stances when the digital signatures are required, parties must provide additional documentation in court.
- The signature creation data is, within the context in which they are used, linked exclusively to the signatory
- The signature creation data is, at the time of signing, under the exclusive control of the signatory and of no other person
- Any alteration to the electronic signature, made after the time of signing, is detectable
- Any alteration made to the information (to which e-signature relates) after the time of signing is detectable
The tiered eSignature legal model in Thailand allows companies to select the type of eSignatures to use while conducting their business.
eSignatures are not recommended for:
- Mortgage documents
- Documents related to family law
Clause de non-responsabilité : ces informations sont fournies à titre informatif uniquement. Elles visent à aider les entreprises à comprendre le cadre juridique régissant la valeur juridique des signatures électroniques. Elles ne constituent pas un conseil juridique et ne doivent en aucun cas remplacer un conseil juridique d'un professionnel. Consultez un avocat agréé pour obtenir un conseil juridique ou bénéficier d'une représentation juridique.