Selecciona tu país
Overview of eSignature Legality in Russia
Russia has legally recognized eSignatures since 2011 with The Federal Law of the Russian Federation No. 63-FZ “On Electronic Signature.”
Legislación sobre firmas electrónicas
The Federal Law of the Russian Federation No. 63-FZ "On Electronic Signature" addresses the guidelines for eSignatures that must be met for a contract to be valid.
¿Las firmas electrónicas son legales, admisibles y ejecutables?
Resumen de la legislación
Russia has a tiered eSignature legal model and recognizes digital signatures as a distinct type of eSignature. A contract is generally valid when the parties reach an agreement that is expressed verbally, in writing, by electronic means, or by any other technology, or by unambiguous signs. The use of eSignatures is permissible in substitute of handwritten signatures as long as the required guidelines are met. For documents where a digital signature is required, a certification that is authorized from the Russian government is mandatory.
In some stances when the digital signatures are required, they need to meet the following criteria to be equivalent to handwritten signatures.
- The signature creation data is, within the context in which they are used, linked exclusively to the signatory
- The signature creation data is, at the time of signing, under the exclusive control of the signatory and of no other person
- Any alteration to the electronic signature, made after the time of signing, is detectable
- Any alteration made to the information (to which e-signature relates) after the time of signing is detectable
The tiered eSignature legal model in Russia allows companies to select the type of eSignatures to use while conducting their business.
eSignatures are not recommended for:
- Power of Attorney
- Real estate and rental agreements
Aviso legal: Esta información está destinada a fines de información general solamente. Su objetivo es ayudar a las empresas a comprender el marco jurídico utilizado para la legalidad de la firma electrónica. En ningún caso se presenta como asesoramiento jurídico y no debe ser un sustituto del asesoramiento jurídico profesional. Ponte en contacto con abogado para obtener servicios de asesoramiento o representación.